Thursday 22 September 2011

It has taken a long time....

It has taken a long time for me to get here!

The Art Workshop was always a concept in the back of my mind and went through several developmental steps in terms of finding out what it should be and where I would like to go with it. Finally this painting became almost the personification of the idea. It depicts the different journeys that one should or inevitably would take during a lifetime. It a has a bright golden sun that reaches far beyond where you are at the moment and fills you with its life giving energy and warmth. It shows prosperity with the lush green land and trees and abundance of food (probably sheep - this is NZ). It also shows a simple easy life without stress but filled with lots of colourful experiences. I don't own this painting any longer, but I hope that the person that does enjoy what it brings to them.

I have taken the step to write about and show my art and share my passion. I will treat this blog as a Work in Progress (WIP) for current and future projects as well as a record of past projects and paintings.

No comments: